indent style for D

Trass3r un at known.com
Sun Jan 29 07:23:37 PST 2012

> Am I mistaken? If no, am I missing some major spaces
> advantages? If no, lets use tabs. Perhaps, there is no tool
> that will convert (convert right, not somehow, see article)
> tabs<->spaces in D code.

There wouldn't be any problem if people were able to use tabs for
indentation and spaces for alignment, i.e. in cases like
if (cond1 &&
    cond2)

But people are dumb and many project leaders "take no risks" and
require spaces everywhere instead of doing it properly.

An ever better solution is elastic tabstops, but unfortunately no
major editor supports that.