indent style for D

Sean Cavanaugh WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 09:52:02 PST 2012

On 1/29/2012 5:36 AM, Trass3r wrote:
>> http://www.d-programming-language.org/dstyle.html in regard to
>> indent-style, can someone shed some light what is recommended practice
>> for it within D community?
>
> Everyone thinks his way is the best.

Thats because it is :)

curley braces on the same line as conditionals is a refactoring landmine IMO

I've never seen an editor that would enforce only leading characters on
a line as tabs, and until all of them do it, spaces is the only thing
that makes sense to me, since they are never 'wrong'.

The codebase I use at work is full of tabs and I can tolerate them, but
not knowing how many times to hit backspace on some chunk of code
containing whitespace in the middle of it is really annoying.  Yes there
is undo but it starts infringing on my flow (replacing zen with anger,
the emperor would be pleased . . .)