indent style for D

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sun Jan 29 14:15:10 PST 2012

Am 29.01.2012, 20:32 Uhr, schrieb Derek <ddparnell at bigpond.com>:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:04:43 +1100, Denis Shelomovskij
> <verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> * Such tab using shows respect to a programmer allowing him to
>> configure tab size as he prefer.
>
> This works ok for editors, but I can't work out how to configure my
> browser's tab-stops or the console's or printer's either for that
> matter. The issue is how to /display/ code in a reader-friendly manner.

If you are the web-master, you use the corresponding CSS3 attribute
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#tab-size and make it configurable.
If you are the user, create a .css file with the following line, replacing
99 with the width in spaces you prefer:
* { -moz-tab-size: 99; -o-tab-size: 99; tab-size: 99; }

In Opera:
- Press Ctrl+F12 to open the settings dialog
- Select the 'Advanced' tab
- Click on 'Content' in the list to the left
- Click on the 'Style Options...' button
- Under 'My style sheet' browse to and select your .css file

FireFox:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_12.html

Chrome:
http://darcyclarke.me/design/skin-your-chrome-inspector/

Use some website like this one as a test:
http://www.didihome.de/html/txt-tab.htm