state of the pull autotester

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 29 19:42:39 PST 2012

On 1/29/2012 7:00 PM, Trass3r wrote:
> http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/pulls.ghtml
>
> I've seen several suggestions in an older thread to improve the tester like posting notifications about failing tests to
> the corresponding pull request.
> Any plans for that?

Plans, yes.  I haven't decided on how I want to structure it.  The main thing I know is that it can't annotate with
failure notifications every time it does a build that fails.  My current thinking is that I'll first write a
greasemonkey script that integrates the tester results into github so that there's visibility of the current state
along-side the pull itself.  That won't help with notifications though.

> Also why aren't all pull requests tested there?

It's a security measure to avoid building just any random bit of code that happens to be submitted.  There's a white
list of users it'll run tests for.  I hadn't looked to see if there were requests from new people in a while.  I just
added you and a couple others so those requests will be tested now.

Later,
Brad