Should export be stripped by the .di generator?

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:05:29 PST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:53:17 -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 1/31/12 11:49 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 04:43:58 -0800, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:
>>
>>> export on a function declaration means dllimport for exactly that
>>> purpose (.di files).
>>> It's not mentioned at the attributes doc site but I'm sure I read it
>>> somewhere else.
>>
>> Walter has said as much in various posts on the NG's here and thats
>> about as far as the docs for it got. DI files are a bit of a mess
>> currently and my clean-up patch breaks DMD when building druntime and
>> phobos. I need Walter's help in figuring out WHY it's breaking, but
>> getting a hold of him is like trying to catch a ghost!
>
> Did you email him and didn't get a reply? Catching his attention with a
> newsgroup post may or may not work.
>
> Andrei

Hmm, I didn't know we could do that, and I don't have his email, not that
I can blame him for not giving it out. The one he uses to post to the NG's
looks like an unmonitored address. You can send an email to the address I
use here with his email. I would like to get this pulled into the
mainline. :-)

--
Adam Wilson
Project Coordinator