D in the cloud with cassandra ?

David Eagen dontmailme at mailinator.com
Sun Jul 1 14:13:43 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 05:42:52 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 June 2012 at 00:33:28 UTC, Knud Soerensen wrote:
>> I am also planing to use a column store as Apache's Cassandra
>> have anyone tried it with D ?
>
> As far as I know, the »low-level« Cassandra API is based on
> Thrift. This means that you should be able to get started
> pretty easily, as there is a D implementation of it. It has
> been included in the official repository trunk – give me a
> shout if something doesn't work.
>
> David

I've been using the D support in Thrift in the official
repository in my database testing. I've had no trouble using
Thrift in D to talk to Cassandra and Hbase. It's quite
straightforward and easy to do.

The one thing I've had to change is when Thrift names a variable
"version". Since that's a keyword in D I just go in a rename it
in the generated D sources.