D2 Library Porters

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jul 3 17:34:52 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 00:42:22 Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 3 July 2012 17:39, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 03, 2012 17:05:52 Iain Buclaw wrote:
> >> Also, I say you should drop Ubuntu in favour of Debian. :o)
> >
> > No, no, no. Use Arch! ;)
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Just so long as it isn't Gentoo. :o)
>
> Afterall, out of all of the linux distros out there, I would say that
> gentoo takes the least time to mess around... </sarcasm>

LOL. I did use Gentoo for a while, but I got sick of things breaking on
updates. Arch provides most of the benefits that Gentoo does but defaults to
binary packages while letting you build them from source if you want to rather
than making _everything_ be built from source. And surprisingly, Arch seems to
do a better job of providing bleeding edge packages quickly than Gentoo does
(at least for the packages that I care about).

But Linux distros are one of those things that you can argue about endlessly.
To each their own I guess.

- Jonathan M Davis