Proposal: takeFront and takeBack

Tobias Pankrath tobias at pankrath.net
Wed Jul 4 01:37:39 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 4 July 2012 at 08:25:19 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:

> Where have you last ever seen a read() method whose default
> behavior was NOT to modify the
> collection/range/iterator/stream/whatever?

That's a good question. When writing it, I was thinking about
real world analogies like reading a book, not about APIs. But you
are right, read is most often used with streams where it does
change the stream.

So I wouldn't object the choice of readFront, but would be
happier if all of the streaming APIs out there would use retrieve
instead of read :-)