D2 Library Porters

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 4 07:56:07 PDT 2012

On 4 July 2012 15:48, d coder <dlang.coder at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Obtain the gdc sources and install into gcc-core (I
>> will tarball a copy up that includes the zlib sources too and post a
>> link).
>

> Greetings
>
> Where would I find the gdc source?

Working on that, will post it on my project site this afternoon.

>> Then rebuild gcc with the same options above above, but with
>> --enable-languages=d included.
>

> Would this option enable build for D1 or D2? Are we going to port only D2 (I
> know D2 is officially named D now)  or both?

D2 only.  GDC with D1 had already been ported to all architectures
that Debian supported at the time of gcc-4.4.  The release of gdc-4.6
marked the switch to D2 and the dropping of all supported
architectures except x86 and x86_64.

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw