Proposal: takeFront and takeBack

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:39:00 PDT 2012

IMO the root cause of this problem is something else.

The problem is that we're trying to use slices as ranges, and
they don't fit in the model.

e.g.: If you're using immutable(char)[] to represent a string,
you're /going/ to run into problems like this (like we already
have).

The right thing to do would be to have a separate string type,
which keeps its front() result, and whatever other information it
might need. Ditto for other types.

Yes, this is a breaking change, a pretty significant one.

But it IS the root cause of the problem.