Proposal: takeFront and takeBack

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jul 4 12:45:25 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:19:15 Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> But at present, I'm seeing a performance improvement of approximately 70 -
> 80% in iterating over strings with consumeFront rather than front and
> popFront (depending on the compiler flags and strings used).

I should clarify that. It's taking 70 - 80% as long to use consumeFront to
iterate over a string than it is to iterate using popFront and getting front
on every iteration. The way I worded that could imply that it was taking 20 -
30% as much time, which would be a _much_ larger improvement than I'm actually
seeing.

- Jonathan M Davis