Let's stop parser Hell

Roman D. Boiko rb at d-coding.com
Thu Jul 5 06:08:41 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 5 July 2012 at 12:53:02 UTC, Denis Shelomovskij
wrote:
> 05.07.2012 16:30, Roman D. Boiko пишет:
>> Forgot to add DDMD, which also has been forked and redesigned
>> recently
>> by someone (thus two more different compiler frontends).
>>
>> But overall I doubt that any project could become standard
>> very soon.
>
> Why? Even were they all almost equal we can select any one. The
> point is to select something (anything) to guide a coder who
> want to do something with this task to a
> good/up-to-date/supported parser.

Well, I guess we'd like to select one and not change it later,
don't we?
I'm not sure we can decide which is the best currently and will
stay the best in the future for all major use cases.

Anyway I propose to enumerate major use cases first.