Let's stop parser Hell

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jul 5 12:58:40 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-05 20:22, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I also am actively opposed to a project of just translating D's
> front-end to D and dropping it into Phobos because it would smother (a)
> work on generic parser generators, and (b) strong, dependable
> formalization of D's syntax.

I don't see why you are against this. I'm seeing this as basically the
only change for DMD every being written in D. Sure I would much rather
have a completely new compiler written in D, with a module approach and
designed from scratch to be used as a library, but I'm trying to
realistic here.

--
/Jacob Carlborg