Editable and runnable code sample on dlang.org by Damian Ziemba (nazriel)

nazriel nazriel6969 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:51:59 PDT 2012

On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 05:45:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:26:01 -0400
> Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>
>> Check this out: on http://dlang.org you can actually click in
>> the
>> code example and edit it, then click "Run" and pronto, you see
>> the
>> output!
>>
>> Damian is actively working on the UI as I'm writing this. Feel
>> free
>> to chime in with feedback!
>>

>> Andrei
>
> It looks nice, but do we really need to be pulling in a giant
> JS-bomb
> like JQuery on D's homepage?

It's same question like
Why use binary bomb like D instead of using C?

Using jQuery, despite rapid development I gain one, very
important thing. It's well tested framework and I don't need to
care about IE glitches and use hacks to support all browsers.

I respect your state about JavaScript, but please, lets not make
in another "X language sux" thread. D community is already full
of this comparing crap including "D sux, Lua rox" statements :P
Work needs to be done.

Of course I am open for suggestions and have will to replace
jQuery with any same good and scale-able solution but more
lightweight.

Best regards,
Damian Ziemba