Editable and runnable code sample on dlang.org by Damian Ziemba (nazriel)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Jul 6 01:55:14 PDT 2012

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 09:51:59 +0200
"nazriel" <nazriel6969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 05:45:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 12:26:01 -0400
> > Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Check this out: on http://dlang.org you can actually click in
> >> the
> >> code example and edit it, then click "Run" and pronto, you see
> >> the
> >> output!
> >>
> >> Damian is actively working on the UI as I'm writing this. Feel
> >> free
> >> to chime in with feedback!
> >>

> >> Andrei
> >
> > It looks nice, but do we really need to be pulling in a giant
> > JS-bomb
> > like JQuery on D's homepage?
>
> It's same question like
> Why use binary bomb like D instead of using C?
>
> Using jQuery, despite rapid development I gain one, very
> important thing. It's well tested framework and I don't need to
> care about IE glitches and use hacks to support all browsers.
>
> I respect your state about JavaScript, but please, lets not make
> in another "X language sux" thread. D community is already full
> of this comparing crap including "D sux, Lua rox" statements :P
> Work needs to be done.
>
> Of course I am open for suggestions and have will to replace
> jQuery with any same good and scale-able solution but more
> lightweight.
>
> Best regards,
> Damian Ziemba

Yea, sorry, in my haste I worded it all very poorly. I was just
concerned about whether using jquery (and pulling it in from a whole
separate server) might have a lot of (or too much) bloat for the
homepage. I haven't used jquery, but if I understand correctly it's
considered one of the bulkier JS libs out there, hence my concern.
That's what I was trying to say (and yes, totally missed the mark!).