Let's stop parser Hell

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Jul 6 18:48:20 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 02:45:35AM +0200, David Piepgrass wrote:
[...]
> I'm having some trouble following this thread due to the acronyms:
> CTFE, DCT, AA. At least I managed to figure out that CTFE is Compile
> Time Function Execution. DCT and AA I already know as Discrete Cosine
> Transform and Anti-Aliasing, of course.... but what's it mean to you?

Frankly, I don't know what DCT stands for (anyone?), but AA stands for
Associative Array (aka hash, dictionary, etc.).

[...]
> Anyway, it's the weekend, during which I hope I can find a place to
> fit in with you guys.

Welcome aboard!!!

D still has some ways to go (there are still warts in some places), but
I also have to admit that it's closest to my ideal language too. I'm so
sick and fed up of the tedium of C and the convolutions of C++, that I
just can't see myself doing any more C/C++ except for code maintenance.
New projects I would do in D. (Personal projects, anyway... work
projects, I don't get to choose.)

Anyway, D still has some ways to go, meaning that more manpower is
always more than welcome.

Elegant or ugly code as well as fine or rude sentences have something in common: they don't depend on the language. -- Luca De Vitis