Editable and runnable code sample on dlang.org by Damian Ziemba (nazriel)

nazriel nazriel6969 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 01:44:22 PDT 2012

On Friday, 6 July 2012 at 19:45:42 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On the other hand the load on the compilation machine will
>> influence the
>> timings, so the numbers are not very relevant.
>
> I don't think the compile time of 10 line programs is relevant.
> All you're measuring is the time it takes to load the
> compiler/linker/library into memory.
Machines running compilers are rather high quality with enough
power to handle 100 requests same time but, you maybe right,
every execution of produced binary has applied it's resources
limits.

It has 10mb stack size, 30mb virtual memory and 5secs of CPU
clock.
Compilation times maybe accurate but binary run-time may not be.

Adding this feature is 10seconds work as returned JSON already
includes timers so no need to hurry with this, we should rethink
this.

Personally I would say no for this.
Already enough trolls around, no need to feed them more :)