Let's stop parser Hell

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 08:42:26 PDT 2012

On 07/05/2012 08:28 AM, Roman D. Boiko wrote:
> Pegged may eventually become standard, if it will be performanceoptimized and a bit more customizable

Interesting, I thought you were hand-writing this stuff.

I'm a fan of pegged and made some pull requests, one of which was aimed
at making it more customizable by allowing the user to define what type
gets used as a parse tree node, thus allowing one to potentially use
their parse tree as an AST (and maybe do a couple other things too).
It's a WIP, but the proof of concept is done: DMD can handle the extra
templating at compile time, so it works.

What kind of things did you want in terms of customizability?