LLVM IR influence on compiler debugging

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 7 12:08:55 PDT 2012

On Saturday, July 07, 2012 20:59:23 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> By the way, is it planned that DMD will be able to use Microsoft's
> linker when compiling with COFF? Or is it too early to say at this
> point? (It would simplify a lot of things; particularly, integration
> with MSVC projects. Further, Optlink's command line is really unfriendly
> and hard to integrate in most build systems.)

Walter announced a couple of weeks ago that he's going to work on adding COFF
support to dmd on Windows so that it can be used with Microsoft's linker, and
he's started on it (though I don't know if he's gotten very far on it yet -
there's been one related commit that I'm aware of).

- Jonathan M Davis