LLVM IR influence on compiler debugging

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 15:50:51 PDT 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 11:49:16 -0700, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 7/7/2012 3:46 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Theoretically you should be able to just look at the documentation
>

> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this sentiment. I was merely under an
incorrect impression of the scope of the license with which Walter is
operating under. Based on my experience with D, it is utterly ridiculous
to expect the documentation to be enough. However, I will maintain my
position that being tied to the current backend will seriously constrain
the capabilities of DMD when compared to the other options.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender