LLVM IR influence on compiler debugging

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:46:46 PDT 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:39:49 -0700, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> On Sunday, July 08, 2012 02:32:28 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>> >
>> > The lack of commit rights to d-programming-language.org doesn't stop
>> you
>> > from submitting pull requests. It just stops you from putting your
>> edits
>> > directly on the site without anyone else looking at them first.
>> Granted,
>> > pull requests for d-programming-language.org aren't always handled
>> > quickly, but how quickly your changes get merged doesn't really affect
>> > your ability to make the changes in the first place.
>> >
>> > - Jonathan M Davis
>>
>> No, but it does affect how long it takes to make them show up on the
>> page that we present to users of/newcomers to D.
>>
>> The slow pull request review/accept/reject time can be very demotivating
>> at times.
>
> True, but saying that you can't make changes just because you don't have
> the
> permissions to commit directly to the main repository is patently false,
> and
> that's what Adam's post implied.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I apologize, I wasn't trying to imply that. I was trying to imply that
without such privileges it requires far too more effort on my part to
advocate and cajole for someone to merge said changes than I have time for
right now. I am quite exhausted after spending over a month trying to get
some trivial changes merged into DRuntime. I wasn't trying to ask for
merge rights. The merge process around here is glacial and that could
easily kill D.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender