LLVM IR influence on compiler debugging

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:49:28 PDT 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:44:09 -0700, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 08/07/12 01:52, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> I personally don't feel it is terribly wise for  my business to by tied
>> to the
>> Stallmanology of GCC
>
> What's the problem here?  The licence of the compiler places no
> restrictions on the licence of the code you build with it.

Not everyone agrees philosophically with Stallman, and I highly suggest
that we be very careful not to cram ideology down potential users throats,
it's a good way to scare them off. Personally, I would use either, but
getting GDC to work on Windows is a nightmare.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender