Rust updates

Daniel wyrlon at gmx.net
Sun Jul 8 12:51:57 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 8 July 2012 at 13:49:50 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> This seems a bit overkill to me:
>
> It's also possible to avoid any type ambiguity by writing
> integer literals with a suffix. The suffixes i and u are for
> the types int and uint, respectively: the literal -3i has type
> int, while 127u has type uint. For the fixed-size integer
> types, just suffix the literal with the type name: 255u8,
> 50i64, etc.

Many good ideas... am just singling out this one, as you seem to
be of a different opinion in this particular case... I on the
contrary wish D would have taken this route as well, because of
the ubiquitous 'auto' and 'implicit template instantiation'
features... furthermore vector simd types could also benefit.