Congratulations to the D Team!

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 9 00:52:28 PDT 2012

On Sunday, July 08, 2012 23:37:29 Adam Wilson wrote:
> First I want to mention two people who really helped make this day happen.

Andrei is the one who was doing most of the work by reviewing and merging most
of the pull requests which got merged.

> Aliases for the 'dur' template. For example, you can now call 3.minutes()
> and receive a Duration.

As far as I'm concerned, 3.minutes() is a prime example of what's wong UFCS.
UFCS can be very useful, but oh how I hate that syntax (completely aside from
the particular function being called, I think that 3.anything() is horrible).
But obviously not everyone agrees.

> I also hope that these weekly Sunday Pull Audits will continue in the
> future

I actually hope that it _doesn't_ continue. If Andrei (or anyone else) wants
to focus on dealing with pull requests on one particular day of the week,
that's fine with me (it's his time to spend however he wants to), and I think
that it's great that so much got done, but I think that we'd be better off if
pull requests generally got dealt with more regularly rather than all at once.

- Jonathan M Davis