Congratulations to the D Team!

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Jul 9 07:01:25 PDT 2012

> On Sunday, July 08, 2012 23:37:29 Adam Wilson wrote:
>> First I want to mention two people who really helped make this day happen.
>
> Andrei is the one who was doing most of the work by reviewing and merging most
> of the pull requests which got merged.

Giving me credit for this is like giving credit the cable for
electricity. I just let the great work of others flow.

>> Aliases for the 'dur' template. For example, you can now call 3.minutes()
>> and receive a Duration.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, 3.minutes() is a prime example of what's wong UFCS.
> UFCS can be very useful, but oh how I hate that syntax (completely aside from
> the particular function being called, I think that 3.anything() is horrible).
> But obviously not everyone agrees.
>
>> I also hope that these weekly Sunday Pull Audits will continue in the
>> future
>
> I actually hope that it _doesn't_ continue. If Andrei (or anyone else) wants
> to focus on dealing with pull requests on one particular day of the week,
> that's fine with me (it's his time to spend however he wants to), and I think
> that it's great that so much got done, but I think that we'd be better off if
> pull requests generally got dealt with more regularly rather than all at once.

Since this was a first, there's been a lot of pent-up work. Let's try to
make one pass through each and every pull request every Sunday, the
weekly work should be less than yesterday.

Andrei