Why is std.algorithm so complicated to use?

Christophe Travert travert at phare.normalesup.org
Tue Jul 10 09:57:44 PDT 2012

"Daniel Murphy" , dans le message (digitalmars.D:171720), a écrit :
> Could it be extended to accept multiple values? (sort of like chain)
> eg.
> foreach(x; makeRange(23, 7, 1990)) // NO allocations!
> {
> }
> I would use this in a lot of places I currently jump through hoops to get a
> static array without allocating.

That's a good idea. IMHO, the real solution would be to make an easy way
to create static arrays, and slice them when you want a range.

--
Christophe

I it were just me, array litterals would be static, and people
should use .dup when they want a a surviving slice.

Well, if it were just me, all function signature should tell when
references to data escape the scope of the function, and all data would
be allocated automatically where it should by the compiler.