Congratulations to the D Team!

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:09:47 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 02:55:33 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 02:33:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> -snip-
>>
>> So, with that, we can have const work wonderfully without
>> requiring it, even
>> if it does take a bit of work to get around it with classes.
>> So, what am I
>> missing here? Why doesn't this work? Or has Walter just not
>> properly
>> considered this option?
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> This is exactly the kind of balance I am hoping we can
> implement. I think Hara Kenji suggested something very similar
> at one point, but it had some kind of problem with it. It would
> be awesome if Kenji could provide some insight on that. I think
> his proposal is somewhere on Github, I'll have a look.

The relevant discussion containing the proposal is here:

     https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/262

I was wrong; I don't see anyone having found any flaws with the
final proposal.

And while the proposal wasn't explicitly accepted nor rejected,
it doesn't look like it found its way into the final pull request:

     https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/72