Structs, the most buggiest language feature?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jul 11 01:49:56 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:40:29 monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 07:52:40 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> > Structs are a really important language feature that also often
> > is supposed to be used as a replacement for deperecated
> > features (scope, typedef, ...)
>
> Scope is deprecated? I didn't see that in the Changelog...

scope on local variables has been scheduled for deprecation for ages, but I
believe that it's one of several to-be-deprecated features which should have
been deprecated ages ago and haven't been for some reason. std.typecons.Scoped
replaces it.

scope on function parameters and scope statements is not going away.

- Jonathan M Davis