Congratulations to the D Team!

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:16:14 PDT 2012

On 11/07/2012 16:04, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 07/11/2012 02:58 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> I don't think that is a big issue.
>>
>> Either the value isn't accessed often, and then it make no sense to
>> cache it, or it is accessed often and it make sense to precalculate the
>> cached value when building the object.
>>

> And sometimes it is not known in advance if it will be accessed at all.
> And this is somewhere in a class that seems unrelated to the object
> that wants to compute a string representation/hash value/comparison.
> It is not the simple cases that are an issue.

Arguably, this is a software design problem. I never encountered a case
where I need to do such thing and never encountered something similar in
code except code that demonstrate trick or subverting language
features/librairies in unexpected ways (which is always fun to do, but
should never ends up in production or be promoted by a language/a lib).