Congratulations to the D Team!

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:11:03 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 11 July 2012 at 12:39:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> I gave evidence on a large, high quality C++ codebase that the
> use of mutable (which is the solution of choice for
> memoization, caching, and lazy computation) is extremely scarce.
>
> What evidence do you have for your prediction?
>

> Andrei

Qt codebase (large, high quality) has around 1500 'mutable'
keyword occurrences. The actual number of mutable declarations
must be lower, but they are quite common. 'Extremely scarce'
obviously does not apply there. Also, the ratio of occurrences of
mutable vs const keywords is not a good metric for estimating
logical const prevalence.