Rust updates

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Wed Jul 11 11:53:17 PDT 2012

Am Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:09:26 +0200
schrieb Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch>:

> On 07/11/2012 06:45 PM, David Piepgrass wrote:
> > These benefits (except 3) all exist for "function" as well as "fn", but
> > while many languages use "fun", requiring "function" for all functions
> > is almost unheard of (at least I haven't heard of it), why? It's too
> > damn long! We write functions constantly, we don't want to type
> > "function" constantly.
>
> You could have a look at JavaScript.

... and Pascal/Delphi, which has no 'void' return, but distinguishes between a 'procedure' and a 'function' with exactly those long keywords. Even better: When you declare a class, you have to use the long keywords in both the class declaration and the method implementation. Then again it also has 'begin' and 'end' instead of { and }. Masochists...

--
Marco