Rust updates

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Jul 12 02:42:13 PDT 2012

Am Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:58:07 +0200
schrieb "bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>:

> > => a = 5s;
>
> I read that as "5 seconds" :-(

Me too, but then again "5l" could be read as 5 liters. I guess that is why the move is towards uppercase suffixes. 5S and 5L are not likely misread.

> I don't think your examples justify the increased language
> complexity.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I understand that some of the examples have better alternatives. What I don't understand is why you term this as increased language complexity. This is not one of the "why not add" kind of requests. From my point of view the complexity is already there through U, UL, I and UI. So completing the set with B, UB, S and US seems only logical and solves an existing (attention: buzzword ahead) ... *inconsistency*. ;)

To cut a long story short; if I added those suffixes and made a pull request would anyone be objected?

--
Marco