All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Jul 12 04:42:25 PDT 2012

> "bearophile"  wrote in message
> news:xrbtkoercscroxgtodcu at forum.dlang.org...
>>Andrei Alexandrescu:
>>
>> What say you?
>
>It's an interesting proposal, and I like it in general.
>
>In D the C++-improved template system and the Java-copied OOP are partially
>a duplication, they sometimes offer two different ways to do similar
>things. I think this proposal reduces this duplication a bit.
>
>This whole discussion comes mostly from fixing an old Bugzilla bug. What
>other important bugs are open that risk requiring significant changes in D?
>I suggest to look for such breaking bug fixes asap, instead of waiting 2+
>more years to find some bug that requires more important D changes to be
>fixed :-)
>
>Bye,
>bearophile

Specially because  not all breaking changes are possible, otherwise one
has something like Python 3. Which is a very good improvement, but leads
to resistance to upgrade.

On the other hand, these type of continuous changes lead to FUD about D
not being stable and usable for projects.

So I guess a kind of balance needs to be achieved.

--
Paulo