All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 08:48:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:30:35 -0400, Michel Fortin
<michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:

> D/Objective-C (the compiler addition) is much more than that. It's
> support and cohabitation of a second object ABI, it's support for
> Objective-C exceptions mixed with D exceptions, support for Objective-C
> string and selector literals, class objects and overridable class
> methods, overriding, contracts added to the Objective-C object model,
> Objective-C protocols (through interfaces), plus a few other things
> which haven't been implemented at this time.

Out of curiosity, do you see this becoming a possible improvement on D in
the next year?

I have recently been doing iOS and Mac development with objective-c, and I
am quite impressed with how well it works, and how easy it is to use,
especially with xcode.

It would be nice to mix in a bit of D, using obj-c containers is a pain.

I remember the tail-const object reference was a blocker, no?  is there
anything else?

-Steve