All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jul 12 09:23:28 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:51:15AM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:56:13 -0400, H. S. Teoh
> <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 09:31:27AM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
[...]
> >>Yes.  Where's that new AA struct, Mr. Teoh? :)
> >[...]
> >
> >The code is still here:
> >
> >	https://github.com/quickfur/New-AA-implementation
> >
> >But I got roadblocked, partially because of constness issues
> >(ironically, the problem was that toHash, toString, etc., weren't
> >const, and now we're talking about supporting non-const versions of
> >them), but more because of problems with IFTI. Or at least, that's
> >where I left it about a month ago -- then I was away on vacation and
> >haven't had the chance to go back to the code since. :(
> >

> Hm... chicken vs. egg again...
>
> I think we need both the AA update and the removal of opX from
> object simultaneously.  Should we start a project branch for all the
> components?  (is that appropriate for git?)
[...]

Having more than just me working on the AA project would be a very good
thing. I don't always have the time to work on it, and it's not fair to
the community that the fate of such a vital component depends on the
free time schedule of one person.

MS Windows: 64-bit overhaul of 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1-bit of competition.