All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jul 12 11:43:57 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-12 15:39, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

> I think if we want a solution that allows old code to work, why not what
> Timon suggested? Have a base class for Object (RawObject was suggested)
> that does not implement the opFunctions.  It would still break code, but
> would be easy to fix (just specify your class derives from Object, not
> RawObject).

Wouldn't the default be to inherit from Object?

Like this:

class RawObject {}
class Object : RawObject {}
class Foo {} // inherits from Object by default.

Most people would not need to change anything, they can continue to use
Object. If they want to avoid the methods declared in Object they need
to explicitly inherit from RawObject.

--
/Jacob Carlborg