just an idea (!! operator)

David Piepgrass qwertie256 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:49:29 PDT 2012

>> Yeah, I've been planning to try and get this into D one day.
>> Probably
>> something like:
>> (a ?: b) ->  (auto __tmp = a, __tmp ? __tmp : b)
>
> gcc used to have that extension and they dropped it...

But GCC can't control the C++ language spec. Naturally there is a
reluctance to add nonstandard features. It's a successful feature
in C#, however, and a lot of people (including me) have also been
pestering the C# crew for "null dot" (for safely calling methods
on object references that might be null.)

I don't see why you would use ?: instead of ??, though.