Rust updates

Geoffrey Biggs geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp
Thu Jul 12 16:31:31 PDT 2012

On 12 July 2012 18:42, Marco Leise <Marco.Leise at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:58:07 +0200
> schrieb "bearophile" <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>:
>
>> > => a = 5s;
>>
>> I read that as "5 seconds" :-(
>
> Me too, but then again "5l" could be read as 5 liters. I guess that is why the move is towards uppercase suffixes. 5S and 5L are not likely misread.

"L" is also an internationally-recognised symbol for litres.

http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/outside.html

Personally, I think that if I need to care about the data size/maximum
range of a value, I should be using a fixed-size data type rather than
specifying it in the value. The language typically supports me in
doing so without the need for prefixes except on rare occasions.

Geoff