All right, all right! Interim decision regarding qualified Object methods

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:04:32 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 12 July 2012 at 19:38:03 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On the other hand, if you're dealing with your own class
> hierarchy, you can choose what you're going to mark as const or
> not

Say person X who develops a class A with a const member similar
to opEquals or whatever suits your fancy.

Say person Y is using person X's library (person X doesn't even
_know_ person Y, let alone show him the source code), and finds
that too restricting. It's being "forced onto them".

Could you tell me how this situation is different from the above?

How is person Y supposed to solve this problem? Modify the
declarations? cast()?