nested class inheritance

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:49:43 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> On 7/13/12 3:36 PM, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
>
>> The initial question was: why does DMD 2.059 reject this if this makes
>> sense?
>> It's not even a new feature. It's a (possibly) new (and apparently
>> sensible) use case of an existing feature.
>>

> I think the simple answer is there was no provision for it. The feature
> copies the Java feature, and I don't think Java has something like what you
> defined.
>
> Andrei

Well, the nested classes are pretty much useless without this feature.
Except for translating Java code. If I had multiple inheritance, I'd just
make the Apple as base class and have all the seeds virtually derive from
it. Not having multiple inheritance drove me to try the next best think.
And after it failed, I complained about it. And here we are. Is it a
difficult thing to fix?

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.