FYI: Ceylon

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jul 13 18:36:39 PDT 2012

On Friday, July 13, 2012 17:58:27 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/13/2012 4:49 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Yeah... when I got to operators in my D lexer toy implementation, I was
> > dumbstruck at how many ASCII UFOs ^W^W I mean, comparison operators D
> > has. Most of which I have a hard time imagining a use for.
>
> Those are on the "to deprecate" list.

Which really should become the "deprecated" list. We have quite a few things
that we've long said we're getting rid of but haven't yet, and in many cases,
people continue to write code which uses them without realizing that they
won't be around long term. We're creating headaches for ourselves and others
by delaying the deprecation of this stuff.

- Jonathan M Davis