D front-end in D for D

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sat Jul 14 07:47:39 PDT 2012

Am 14.07.2012 14:52, schrieb Timon Gehr:
> On 07/14/2012 01:29 PM, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
>>
>> It would also make run-time mixins possible, which is absolutely amazing.
>>

> It is amazingly unsafe, because at runtime there is no distinction
> between strings generated by the program and strings created from input
> to the program.

as everything that works based on input data - its only the context what
makes any type of input (and handling) unsafe

think of an system that needs an fast interpreter for a small subset of
the D language - why should i use lua, python or something else here? -
the runtime-mixing wouldn't be unsage if generated by the interpreting D
program...

the other thing is: would you vote against such a feature if it were
already there?

the next thing would be the D compiler as a library - then we can use D
(better rdmd) as a hyper-powerful make

and yes i know - everything is possible by invoking dmd executable and
some lib magic - but integrating it (better - make it part of the
language standard) would be far better - then D can compete with java,
.net and all the others having this feature-set already (seems to be
that someone needs stuff like that)