D front-end in D for D

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sat Jul 14 07:54:32 PDT 2012

Am 14.07.2012 15:23, schrieb Kevin Cox:
> On Jul 14, 2012 9:15 AM, "David" <d at dav1d.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Run-time mixins can be used for incredibly powerful stuff, yet the same
>>> run-time mixins can be used for incredibly dangerous stuff. Just don't
>>> use them if you don't know exactly what you're doing. :-)
>>

>> I don't see any case where a "runtime-mixin" is the only solution (it's
> definitly the unsafest)
>>

> Yes, eval or exec is pretty much outlawed in other languages, I can only
> imagine the same would happen in D.

i wouldn't say unsafe a long as there is no definition for
"runtime-mixing", maybe the interface is fixed, maybe you can't
introduce variables etc. in the outerscope

the difference between writing a textfile, run the compiler load the
code isn't more unsafe then doing it inline - and the feature isn't
missing because of safety concers - its just didn't there