Move semantics for D

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 17:27:36 PDT 2012

  On 07/13/2012 09:45 PM, Mehrdad wrote:> On Saturday, 14 July 2012 at
03:16:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
 >> https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151094464083109
 >>
 >> Andrei

 > Still though, I feel calling it "imperfect" is kinda strong. It doesn't
 > have any _problems_ per se, just shortcomings.

If I remember correctly, Scott calls it imperfect as well. :) (Have you
watched both parts of the presentation? I think it was closer to the end.)

The hoops that one needs to go through to make the compiler agree with
what is needed, was simply scary for me. For example, the way enable_if
is used is so indirect: Enabling or disabling a template implementation
by using a strange return type is simply WAT! :)

In that sense, the feature is not perfect.

Ali