D versionning

Patrick Stewart ncc1701d at starfed.com
Sun Jul 15 13:50:47 PDT 2012

> OTOH, it may break the community yet again, which we certainly
> don't want, probably even less than breaking code.
> Also, the example of Python with two main stable branches that
> live in parallel is not very encouraging.

Also, check Python website: they recommend python v2 for all new users that don't know what to choose. They are both stable, but v2 has more libraries, and they do reassure them by saying v2 will be supported for time to come.

On the other hand, on D website, D1 is pushed to the dark corners as ugly half child nobody should know about, and D2 is titled as thing to chose without thinking. And there is no mentioning D1 is relatively stable, while D2 is still unstable, non conforming to D documentation and that some things just don't work, while in constant beta flux that breaks things on regular basis with each release.

So tell me again, which language treats its users with more respect ? Which one encourages users more to use them?