D versionning

Patrick Stewart ncc1701d at starfed.com
Sun Jul 15 16:15:43 PDT 2012

bearophile Wrote:

> Patrick Stewart:
>
> > Both languages have programming bugs and bad decisions. Python
> > fix them without disrupting schedule and usability. D says
> > "suck it up for next X years while we fix it" or "You have some
> > obscure 4 year old version without that bug".
>
> Python C interpreter is also far simpler than designing a new
> system language, and writing its compiler and standard library.
> And behind Python there are far more developers and users.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

We are coming back to dsource & Tango graveyard story. D had equally capable and large community to. Its resources got wasted. People left. Huge amount of work just wasted for nothing. On the other hand, Python has one of the largest *operational* standard library and tons of 3rd party ones. Why? Because with stable language, all those libraries stayed in the game.