D versionning

Patrick Stewart ncc1701d at starfed.com
Sun Jul 15 16:36:56 PDT 2012

Walter Bright Wrote:

> On 7/15/2012 4:08 PM, Patrick Stewart wrote:
> > Second biggest flaw with D development is premature optimization opsession by
> > large number of devs. "We haven't make it work quite yet as specs define, but
> > lets us optimize it, so it can work incorrectly even faster!"
>
> All versions pass the D test suite 100%. Any regressions that appeared were not
> in the test suite, but do get added as they are fixed.

100% passage of test suites do not make me more happy even a bit. Which is my business, of course.

What would make me happy is feature list on page describing milestones. And each version branched and kept stable, with bugfixes and *no* new features introduced.

Real question is where is D going? When will be enough with cramming new features down its throat each time a semi-good idea pops up? When will D leave beta and reach v1 ? Because D2 is still in beta as far as I see it.