D versionning

Patrick Stewart ncc1701d at starfed.com
Sun Jul 15 16:43:44 PDT 2012

bearophile Wrote:

> Patrick Stewart:
>
> > Both languages have programming bugs and bad decisions. Python
> > fix them without disrupting schedule and usability. D says
> > "suck it up for next X years while we fix it" or "You have some
> > obscure 4 year old version without that bug".
>
> Python C interpreter is also far simpler than designing a new
> system language, and writing its compiler and standard library.

Simpler - true. But having more complex problem to solve just makes more important to have *better* organization. And D community approach is of weekend developers that discovered VCS & test suite, but know nothing about branching and project planning.

> And behind Python there are far more developers and users.

Completely not relevant. Number of developers have nothing to do with project organization. There is a lot of software there equal or more complex that are product of just a few or even single programmer.