D versionning

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 16 00:36:37 PDT 2012

On Monday, July 16, 2012 09:25:54 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-07-16 02:20, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > If someone has a better proposal, they should make it (though probably in
> > separate thread - this one's long enough as it is). I think that the
> > basics of this proposal are good, and a lot of projects work that way. I
> > just think that D needs to be more stable before we worry about having
> > major and minor releases or stable and unstable branches.
>
> Wasn't that what you just said two posts up? To have major and minor
> releases. Major containing new features and minor only bug fixes.

Isn't that essentially whan the OP's proposal was? We'd have 2.x.y where x is
for major releases and y is for minor releases, with only bug fixes being
permitted in minor releases. I don't think that I've proposed any other
versioning schemes than what the OP was proposing. If I did, I misunderstood
something.

- Jonathan M Davis