D versionning

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:28:44 PDT 2012

On Monday, 16 July 2012 at 06:05:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> I've had a lot of my own working D code break because of name
> changes in Phobos. This is extremely annoying. I can fully
> understand that it drives people away. It's got to stop.

Name changes have been the least annoying breaking change I've
come across from using D. Language design being the biggest.

Luckily I've expected that, and recently hit has been very
infrequent. There are still changes that will be making big
ripples (actually maybe not so much if we are changing how we
handle toHash...). Maybe this unstable branch thing will allow us
to make a bunch of a breaking changes together when we have one
of these required disruptions.